Onswipe is the platform for the mobile web.
Our platform lets publishers deliver the quality user experience of a native app to the scale of their existing audience on the mobile web.
As a Senior Engineer, you'll be focused on our client-side products. Help us build an extremely performant — and most importantly — pleasurable reading experience for the thousands of publications we power.
● 5+ years experience developing production-quality code
● Strong understanding of functional & object-oriented design principles and patterns
● Experience with test-driven development
● Experience performing code reviews
● Familiarity with developing concurrent applications
● Fluency in multiple modern programming languages (Scala, Node.js, Java)
● Experience with JVM-based languages and systems
● Experience with NoSQL or other distributed systems (thinkRiak,Dynamo,Cassandra,MongoDB — familiarity with Wide-Column Datastores a plus)
● Experience with data-mining and building/leveraging crawlers
● Familiarity with engineering highly-concurrent, real-time systems for data processing(knowledge of Twitter Storm a big plus)
We must be doing something right…
Our platform reaches more people than Tumblr and Wordpress.com combined on the iPad and outside of Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, and Facebook, is the largest platform on the iPad. The ratio of users reached per engineer at Onswipe is greater than Facebook - THAT is making an impact.
Recognized as leaders
Our CEO and company have received awards such as Forbes 30 Under 30, Time Inc.’s Best Startups, Inc. 30 Under 30, and Businessweek’s Best Young Entrepreneurs. Our goal of being the platform for the mobile web has gotten us recognized as leaders in the space.