Onswipe is the platform for the mobile web.
Our platform lets publishers deliver the quality user experience of a native app to the scale of their existing audience on the mobile web.
As a Senior Engineer, you'll be focused on our client-side products. Help us build an extremely performant — and most importantly — pleasurable reading experience for the thousands of publications we power.
• 5+ years experience developing production-quality code
• Strong understanding of functional & object-oriented design principles and patterns
• Experience with test-driven development
• Experience performing code reviews
• Motivated, self-starter and team-player, comfortable working within an agile startup environment
• Fluency in the use of both Vanilla JavaSscript and popular DOM Libraries such as jQuery, Dojo
• You have worked with either Backbone.js, Angular.js or Ember.js
• You'd rather use Lo-dash than Underscore, and know why.
• Grunt and Yeoman are part of your workflow
• You understand the benefits and differences of using CommonJS and AMD Modules
• You get anxious if you don't have a .jshintsrc file in your proyect
• You are a subscriber of JSWeekly
• You know how tabs besides from the Console, and Network pane work in Chrome Dev tools and you are obsessed with keeping your Event Handler Count down in the timeline
• The events touchstart, touchmove and touchend are not unfamiliar to you
We must be doing something right…
Our platform reaches more people than Tumblr and Wordpress.com combined on the iPad and outside of Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, and Facebook, is the largest platform on the iPad. The ratio of users reached per engineer at Onswipe is greater than Facebook - THAT is making an impact.
Recognized as leaders
Our CEO and company have received awards such as Forbes 30 Under 30, Time Inc.’s Best Startups, Inc. 30 Under 30, and Businessweek’s Best Young Entrepreneurs. Our goal of being the platform for the mobile web has gotten us recognized as leaders in the space.